What would you like to contact us about?
- HOURS. Unlock and lock up daily. Unlock the houses at 7am and lockup no earlier than 4pm. Work late to meet scheduling milestones as needed. You will also have weekend on-call duty as needed.
- DAILY WORK. Supervise all construction activity through the New Home Orientation. Update the construction schedule daily and schedule all trade contractors. Perform and complete the Pre-Construction Orientation (PCO), Pre-Slab Inspection (PSI), Pre-Drywall Inspection (PDI), Pre- Drywall Orientation (PDO), Quality Assurance Inspection (QAI), the New Home Orientation (NHO), and the Follow-Up on Closing Day. Deliver each home 100% complete for the New Home Orientation. Perform the 30 Day Follow Up 30 days after Closing. A great Construction Superintendent takes pride in the detail of every home and provides each customer with excellent service and follow-through.
- SURVEY. Score well on the customer satisfaction survey. Outstanding service and attitude = great survey.
- BUILDER OF CHOICE. Help Hakes Brothers become the builder of choice for our Trade Contractors. Manage the Trades Contractors and Suppliers so that they can accomplish their jobs effectively and efficiently. Schedule Trade Contractors properly to avoid dry runs, be firm but fair, be consistent and reliable, instill discipline, give ample lead times, provide proper material to execute job, pay on time, be a good listener & show respect.
- QUALITY. A Superintendent’s biggest responsibility is to build quality homes. This includes identifying and correcting any item or issue that is not to the highest quality standards before the New Home Orientation. Take time each day to walk all homes, note construction errors & poor workmanship, and make arrangements to correct quickly. A great Construction Superintendent takes pride in the detail of every home.
- CONTROLLING & REDUCING CONSTRUCTION COST. Look for ways to help control and reduce construction costs. Monitor and control materials delivered to job site to avoid material from being stolen or damaged. Hold trades accountable when sloppy work requires additional effort from other Trade Contractors. Do not pay Trade Contractors or Suppliers until work is 100% complete and has been inspected. Negotiate fair prices for required work above and beyond the scope of work.
- JOB SITE CLEANLINESS. Take responsibility for maintaining a clean work site. Remember that Cleanliness = Quality to buyers and trade Contractors.
- SAFETY. Take turns conducting the monthly Safety meeting, and fill out weekly safety report. Issue Written Notice(s) of Correction when Trade Contractors do not follow Safety/OSHA rules after verbal warning(s).
- STORM WATER PREVENTION PROTECTION PLAN (SWPPP). Take turns conducting bi-weekly SWPPP inspections and documenting areas of that need correction. Motivate Trades Contractors to clean job sites daily to keep us in compliance with the EPA’s rules and regulations.
- PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE/TEAM PLAYER. Always look, dress and speak like a building professional. Help accomplish whatever task is at hand to ensure that Hakes Brothers continues to be an industry leader. Be a Leader. Be an example to other Superintendents. Be the top performer of each of the Superintendent responsibilities. Be a positive voice for the company.
- VEHICLE. You must own or have access to a vehicle for your daily work. In addition, you must carry a valid Driver’s’ License and Auto Liability Insurance.
Land Acquisition Specialist
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Hakes Brothers builds high quality new homes in New Mexico and Texas. Our company has expanded from our initial location in Las Cruces, NM, to El Paso, TX, and Albuquerque, NM. As a dynamic real estate and construction company, we seek highly qualified individuals from a variety of disciplines to help us achieve our growth potential. Our company culture is hard working and fun, with an emphasis on team spirit. We have frequent needs in architecture, construction, engineering, finance, real estate, management, marketing, and more.
LAND ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
- Coordinate with Sales, Purchasing, Design, Finance, and Legal to perform feasibility analysis for
potential acquisitions, including the following:
- Financial analysis
- Market analysis
- Soils and environmental reports
- Legal and title review
- Entitlement status, final plat, and improvement plans
- Development status
- Lot Inventory Pipeline:
- Assist Land Acquisition Manager in building and maintaining the lot inventory pipeline, including
- Identify strategic acquisitions
- Cultivate broker and land owner relationships
- Negotiating LOIs, Pre-Ks, contracts, amendments, and other legal documentation with attorneys and land owners to process acquisitions
- Schedule current lot takedown commitments to ensure timely closings.
- Monitor land agreements to ensure that all conditions and obligations of both buyer and seller are met prior to closing.
Join our fast paced and exciting culture and be a part of our company’s success! Send resume to email@example.com . Excellent benefits package provided including health insurance, 401(k) plan, and more.
PDF document – opens in new window
P.O. Box 2022
Las Cruces, NM 88004
Las Cruces / El Paso Office
425 S Telshor Blvd
BLDG C STE 201-B
Las Cruces, NM 88011
9400 Holly Ave NE Suite 202
Albuquerque, NM 87122